Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do you curl your hair with a flat iron?

I have heard you could curl hair with a flat iron. I have naturally curly hair but I want nice big curls like these:http://dyn-images.hsni.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/429214?$pd300$



I know I can use hot curlers but they take to long and curling irons tend to hate me. :)



I have a chi straighter.

Personal Experience, videos or anything would be great



thanks!How do you curl your hair with a flat iron?
normal ones don't really do anything, they kind of crimp it you do that by fastening the flat iron on the end of your hair, and wrapping it around till your at your root, then hold for 10 seconds and let it go. You need a special flat iron for curling hair. Your best bet is a big barrel curling iron, or curl enhancer.How do you curl your hair with a flat iron?
This is what I've seen on tv and a vendor in the mall selling flat irons stopped me because I have long hair that I regularly straighten. He took my hair in a small section and with the iron fully heated, put the hair in the iron up high near the scalp or wherever you want the curls to start and then you wind the hair over and over the iron itself and not twirling the iron. You hold the hair in place for however tight you want the curl and gently release the hair from the iron. I had a beautiful soft wavy curl with it done in that fashion. To straighten the curl, you just flat iron in the normal way. Hope this works for you.
sometimes this works but i take the straightener and put hair in it, and twist it hold it and let go, sometimes that works good luck
This helped me a lot, and I also have a chi.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpl9KYzmJ





Good Luck !