Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How to CURL HAIR with IRON & get SMOOTH curls?

I have very long hair and when I curl using the curling Iron I use a hair wax to protect from the heat and burning. BUT my curls always come out very stiff and feel a tiny bit sticky, but they last days.



Can anyone suggest a way to curl hair, leaving it smooth, bouncy, lasting, and loose without the damage?How to CURL HAIR with IRON %26amp; get SMOOTH curls?
Use a setting lotion first, on each section you heat.How to CURL HAIR with IRON %26amp; get SMOOTH curls?
well if u use hot rollers they dont damage as much and they usually come out softish and if they dont just spray them u could also do that w/ an iron and spray it

i suggest catwalk or chi, or aussie
I have long hair too, and I rarely ever curled my hair because my hair was stubborn and didn't stay curled long enough unless I used a TON of hair spray, and then it would be stiff and sticky like you described your's. But once I decided to use moouse and it turned out soft and smooth but still curly. So you should just try moouse.



(I used a little of hair spray still).
I have naturally straight hair but i wear it curly a lot. What I usually do is wash it, then while its still wet I rub something like John Frieda curl serum or the equivalent (the stuff is very light) on my hair, then I use my hands to scruch it up while drying it with a difuser. When its dry it will still be a little frizzy, so I use a smaller curling iron on the individual curls to smooth them out. its a little time consuming but it works!