Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What's the best way to curl my hair with a curling iron?

My hair is pretty thick and shoulder length. How can I curl it with a curling iron and keep it curly? I don't want to spend all that effort curling it if it's just going to go flat in a few hours. What sort of product should I use to keep it looking soft instead of crispy or hard? Also, how do I curl the back by myself? Thanks!What's the best way to curl my hair with a curling iron?
Curling your hair with a curling iron can be pretty difficult... Especially if you have one of those really big huge ones... I use a medium sized one. I basically hook the curling iron at the top of the strand that I'm trying to curl, then I try and twist the hair around it by turning it without moving it down at all, and while your turning it slowly point it upwards and hold it there for a few seconds ( or however long it takes to get it curled ) Then while it's still facing up, open the iron and let the strand of hair out ( try not to pull it down while letting it out, kind of let it fall naturally ) to keep it curly, I just don't brush it after I've curled it - lol - I know it's kind of confusing : ) It's much easier to actually show someone : ) Another way I see people curl their hair besides a curling iron is curlers ... I've never used them but my hair stylist does and her hair looks great! And as far as your other questions go, I'm wondering the same thing - LOL : ) Hope I helped!What's the best way to curl my hair with a curling iron?
I have thick hair too, I've noticed that it's easier to curl my hair if it's a little on the dirty/oily side. Wash it the night before, but not the day of. Do it section by secion, pulling each section that you want to curl high above your head, hold it for a while, spray with hair spray, and then release. Anything Aveda is nice and nautral for the hair. It's expensive, but it wont dry your hair out or make it crispy.

http://www.aveda.com