Thursday, October 28, 2010

How to curl hair using a spiral curling iron?

When it comes to styling hair, I have no talent. My husband is coming home from Afghanistan in a few weeks and I want to do something more with my hair...I usually just keep it straight. I recently bought a spiral curling iron, I've been practicing with it but still not good at it. What are some pointers you can give me? Is it best to curl hair after its washed? What are good products to use when curling hair?

Any other info you have would be great!!

P.S. My hair is shoulder length, but I'm getting it trimmed in a couple weeks.How to curl hair using a spiral curling iron?
congrats on our husband first of all(:



hmm spiral curls CAN be tricky.

so part your hair into three sections from ear to ear. the front the middle and the bottom.

then just clip them up top.

leave the bottom section down.

then grab a small section of hair and clip i at the bottom fo the barrel then turn the curler and guide the strand of hair along the ridges (it should be in between the ridges)

do this on a low heat setting until you get the hang of it. you wouldn't want to burn your hair.

continue to this until you're done with the bottom section and spray it with some hair spray so they stay, let it dry and clip it back (the curls shouldn't come off)

then do the middle part. spray and clip it.

then part the top section however you want to wear it and curl it. spray and unclip the back when you're done.



if you find that you look too Temple, you can brush your hair and the curls turn into wave kinda like this:

http://www.imageandstylenews.com/wp-cont

but that will only work if you have layered hair(:



good luck!How to curl hair using a spiral curling iron?
as for curling it think twice about a curling iron, I'd use a flat iron just because its better for you hair, its quicker and easier.

Try this tutorial out so you can see what I''m talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1npokA2

Its for curling ur hair with the flat iron.



Love,

B.