Friday, November 19, 2010

Are larger barrel curling irons better for thick hair?

I have rather thick hair, not incredibly thick (its nice when I straighten it) but I always have hairdressers bugging me about how thick my hair is.



I was just wondering, I have tried to curl my hair with a small barrel curling iron, and it didn't turn out so well, it was kind of poofy. Would larger barrel curling irons be better for my type of hair? They would create bigger, looser curls right?



And should I straighten my hair before I curl it?Are larger barrel curling irons better for thick hair?
Yes larger barrel curling irons do create bigger, looser curls and are better for you if you don't like alot of ';poof';. As to whether you straighten it first, it depends on how curly it is. If it's just wavy, then no, because the less heat you have to subject your hair to, the better. If it's really curly and you never wear it like that, I'd suggest getting it chemically straightened. The straighteners out now are alot more gentle than they used to be. Good luck.Are larger barrel curling irons better for thick hair?
yea i think u sld get it st8 then curl it but thats alot of heat