Friday, November 19, 2010

Does anyone know how to curl hair without burning it?

I have long hair pass my shoulders and is cut into layers and sora wavy when it's dry.I try curling my hair with a curling iron but I always burn my hair!!

And I don't want to sleep in curls all night or hot rollers.Would curling shampoo do the trick? what else do you know would might work? thanks a whole bunch! :-)Does anyone know how to curl hair without burning it?
I dont know how you burn your hair. Try buying a curling iron with a variety of heat settings. You dont try to curl it when it is still damp do you? I know you can really damage your hair that way.

Have you tried blow drying with a large round brush? Or velcro curlers?Does anyone know how to curl hair without burning it?
Dont let it heat up as long or get a curling iron that doesnt heat up as hot!
You need to turn down the heat on your iron or get one with adjustable heat settings. Not everyone needs the iron on high!!! Actually most girls don't. I hope this helps!!
I have once read that some Hollywood hair stylist actually use the disposable roll inside the toilet paper instead of rollers to get soft curls
turn down the heat. OR blow dry your hair until it is ALMOST dry then use curlers. (available everywhere) curl up your hair with it. then after that use blow dryer on it. use a little hairspray. then uncurl the curlers. voila
i have hair too the middle of my back or longer and i straighten my hair at least 3 times a week and curl it and i use redken smoothdown,heatglide or charles worthington from walmat and they work great you cant even tell i style my hair the redken you can get it at any hair salon good luck
if buying heat adjustable curlers is not an option. I suggest you take a wet towel and use it to cool down the curler before curling your hair. You may have to do this for each curl or possibly every other curl. (you know your curlers better than i do)

I do suggest, however, that you invest in a new pair, because soon those damaged ends will continue to move up the shaft of your hair and it will be short because of dead ends or short because you had to cut it off.