Friday, November 19, 2010

Need help curling my hair with a straightening iron?

I watched a bunch of youtube videos on how to do it, but I just can't seem to get it. I'm having a problem that only the bottom of my hair gets curled. Another problem is that near the top there is like little marks where I kept the flat iron there. But I don't think it would even curl my hair if I turned down the heat.



What do you think is the easiest method of curling hair with a straightening iron, and what are your tips?Need help curling my hair with a straightening iron?
I just figured out how to curl hair with a straightening iron.

Before I was just like you because everyone would say to just straighten your hair as usual but flip it up at 180 degrees as you were running it down.



Ok the problem with that is that it is curling your hair in the wrong direction, because gravity is going to want to pull that 180 degree flip right back down.



Instead of clamping the iron onto the hair in a way that the iron is Horizontal to your head, what you have to do is actually tilt your iron so it is vertical to your head and clamp and turn as you pull through. So instead you are straightening your hair sideways while turning it. This will produce an actual curl that starts from closer to the base of your head and not just a flip or two at the end.

If you are still confused you can send me a msg asking.



Make sure to use a 1-inch straightening iron.

I recommend Babyliss Pro Titanium in their one inch, it's perfect for this!!Need help curling my hair with a straightening iron?
if its too difficult just get a curling iron
go slower at the top.

if you get it just right it looks really cute.
get an 11/2 inch barrel curling iron, then you can curl AND straighten your hair with one tool.