Friday, November 19, 2010

How do i Curl my hair?

Tomoro is the school formal dance and i wanna curl my hair, I know how 2 wit Gel because i do tht all the time but it looks better wit curling iron. How do i curl it with a curling iron? I want it to be spirals but rly pretty. I have long layered hair and bangs that go a little past my chin so How shld i curl my hair with a Curling iron?How do i Curl my hair?
Before you start this make sure your hair is completely straight- it's always better to work with a blank canvas.

First,I recommend sectioning off your shortest layers and clipping them on your head, if you don't, it'll look like you're a poodle. next, section off your longest layers into as many big curls as you like. next, take your heat protector and spray the first section you decide to work on. Take an 1.5 (or 1) in. curling iron (I like to use Hot Tools Ceramics) and curl the first section. Now here's the tricky part- make sure that the curling iron is horizontal, and that the curling iron is a SPRING curling iron. Start repeatedly pushing down on the spring, making it go up and down like a see-saw. Eventually your curl should be out, but make-sure that it's still in a spiral. Take a hair pin and pin it to your head. Work through the rest of the hair. Remember, if your hair is hard to curl, after you curl each section, use a little bit of hair spray to make sure it stays in place. After you finish curling your hair, do one final spritz of hair spray against all of your hair. I find this the easiest and most easy-going hair style. Have fun at your dance! Also, I will post a second answer showing you another way.How do i Curl my hair?
I would go to a hairstylist to make it look picture perfect. IF you don't have the time, then take small sections of your hair and clip them in the curling irons small bottom peice that holds hair. Then slowly spin the iron while pulling it down so that your hair doesn't pile up in one place on the curler but goes all the way up the curling iron. If your hair is thin then keep it there for about 40 seconds and if it is thick then about 30. You should do a left or right side part (you choose) and then french braid your chin-length bangs back and then secure with a flower clip. If you have layers than start from the top of your hair and move down. French braid hair first before curling.