Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How to curl my super super straight hair.?

I have extremely straight hair. Super super straight and very healthy. (I don't have to comb my hair when I wake up)

My super straight hair looks very boring, and is lack of body and volume. I am just wondering how do I curl my hair with a curling iron, and what size barrel I should choose if I want to create those huge wavy type of curls. (not tight curls, hate those)

and also, how do I make the curls stay whole day. (or at least 8 hours)

Thank youHow to curl my super super straight hair.?
I have the exact same hair type. First off you need to get some body and volume out of your hair. Try Redken Bodyfull Shampoo/Conditioner. The use the Redken full frame mousse %26amp; dry your hair upside down to get the roots some lift. A curling iron will work, but you will need to pin up the curl to cool after you take it out of the iron. Try using a 1 1/4 and wrap it aorund the barrel in various directions. Then take it out, pin it up and spray.



Otherwise, hot rollers work very well. Use the large ones %26amp; roll them in a spiral pattern (but not all the way to the root) . Then spray them all with hairspray %26amp; leave them in until they are cooled down. Then I usually spray them again with hairspray and then give them a good heat up with a blowdryer %26amp; then blow them on cool. After they are all cool again, you need to remove the curlers (just let them drop out) And dont comb out the curls, just separate them with your fingers. And then spray again. And thats it :)How to curl my super super straight hair.?
I think ironing or doing a perm to your hair would only ruin it... so I don't suggest you did anything to it, also because you are very lucky it's so healthy. My hair and I usually have fist fights in the morning... (jkjk) but you could use products to use after you've washed your hair.. when they're still wet.... I think I've used one before and it worked well though i do not remeber the brand name... I have superstragith hair too.. maybe not THAT healthy....

Byee
usually a 1 inch barrel will work, but you have to use good product in your hair to make it hold because its so straight. i have hair that doesnt like to hold a curl, but sally carries this hair spray by ION called a freeze spray, its a silver and pink tall can, and it smells like raspberries, use it on your hair as you are rolling it in on the curling iron, and then once you release it, and your curls will stay