Friday, November 19, 2010

If I straighten my hair with an iron, and then curl it with a curling iron, how do I get the waves to stay?

I also straighten and curl my hair. I use a jumbo curling iron..so I can do it all in one step...however this will only work if you have hair that is easy to straighten.



I am also a hairdresser, and I have noticed that when I try to put some curl in someones hair that has straighten it its very difficult...mostly becuase of the straightening products they use...once they are heat set they stay that way until water losens the product memory. I have two recomendations for you



1. Don't use straightening products when you straighten your hair, then when you curl your hair allow the curls to cool before you fuss with them. (Cooling them untouched helps to set the curl). Then mist w/ spray and style...spray again.



2. Try just straightening and curling at once. To do this I always use a working or workable hair spray and a finishing or freeze spray. There is a differnece...working or workable sprays are made to be used with heat..they will not fry to ur hair like other sprays and they will not gunk up ur curling iron. Lightly mist the section you are about to curl let it dry...and curl it...once the entire head is done stlye and use finish spray. Another very important thing is having a good quality ironprofessional irons are only like 35-40 dollars. They get much hotter and heat up faster...you will get much better results w/ one.



Good luckIf I straighten my hair with an iron, and then curl it with a curling iron, how do I get the waves to stay?
HAIRSPRAY!!!!If I straighten my hair with an iron, and then curl it with a curling iron, how do I get the waves to stay?
you could wave them by braiding them after u take a shower when you wake up the next day unbraid them and put a lil bit of hair spray
Either hairspray or like a moose or gel!
Spritz ,911
best site for girls with the curls: http://www.naturallycurly.com/



I personally use a product called ISO Bouncy Curl but it works best with wet hair and no dryer.
well instead of straitening it first just curl it and add a little hair spray..and don't hold the curling iron on one spot to long, it can damage your hair, look for curling irons with ceramic plates!
Is that like using the makeup that dulls your shine and the makeup that brings out your ';glow'; at the same time?



You might try hairspray...:P
get some really nice mouse and srunch ur hair in ur hands when it's curly
try using a product meant to help keep it up longer. here's a resolved answer that might help.



http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind
What's the point of straightening your hair if you're just going to curl it?
freeze spray but a word of advice i wouldnt use so much heat on your hair at once i would use a heat defense spray before i went throught the straighening and curling routine but i would curl your hair in small sections and blast each section with a small amount of non clump hairspray
use mousse or a light texturable gel
If you have a good iron and straighten it, it wont hold curlno matter how much hairspray you usse. Your best bet is to dry it straight with a brush %26amp; then curl it. THats what I do to my hair.
I used to shoot professional photography, and I've never seen any other product work like John Freida's Hair Serum. It'll make curly hair straight, and it'll hold straight hair in a curl!



http://www.folica.com/Frizz_Ease_Hair_d3



And they sell it everywhere...Walmart, Rite-aid...



Try it...just a dab massaged into damp hair before drying it. Then curl it up in the curling iron...
spray your hair with hairspray before you curl it, then spray it after! it works!