Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How can i get my hair to curl with out using curling iron or a perm?

I have really striaght hair and very thick hair that is flat and very boring

I want liven my hair up a bit and to make not hide my face.How can i get my hair to curl with out using curling iron or a perm?
i have thick hair and i bought those wrap-snap-and-go things a couple of years ago, and they work really good. regular curlers work too, like the kind you sleep in. but for people with thick hair, you need to hairspray the curls in so they wont fall out during the say. you could also scrunch your hair with gel, then blow-dry it.How can i get my hair to curl with out using curling iron or a perm?
use curl shampoo and curling styling products
use a flat iron and twist it like a curling iron it will give you a soft curls....or rollers and wear it overnight
try a LARGE curling iron and curl your hair in loose spirals. it will give it a wavy, natural sexy look
Have your hair layered and then use very very small rollers (with some type of setting gel). This should get you some curl but since you hair is not naturally curly then the curls you create won't last that long. Perhaps a hair dresser could give you some ideas on some different hair styles that will not hide your face.
use the plastic curlers they have at walgreens, or just about anywhere. No heat needed
Use caruso hair setter. It's rollers that heat up with the power of steam in seconds. Hairstylists on movie sets have used this method for years. by the time your last roller has been put in the first one is done and can be taken out already. It takes only ten minutes to set.
Use rollers and either dry your hair with a blow dryer or wear them overnight.
FIRST USE A GOOD STYLING PRODUCT SET WITH HOT ROLLERS OR WEAR CRULLERS OVER NIGHT
A. Shampoo, towel dry, flip upside down, and scrunch with towel to make sure you remove extra moisture. Rub a tiny bit (its greasy) of Sebastian Molding Mud (found at salons) in your hair and scruch as you blow dry, Voila, curls!



B. I just came across Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel. I have long hair so I need to use quite a bit of it. Again, scrunch with your towel to start the curl and remove extra moisture. Rub in some of the gel and scrunch away! For best results, no blow dry with this one.



Having some layers in your hair help give it body with you scrunch. My hair is very long and thick and layers help me.
Try these:

wet and then braid your hair



or



after showering, towel dry your hair so its a little wetter than damp and then put gel in your hail and scruch it.



or



use curlers



or



wet your hair, take sections and twist them and use pony tail holders at the top and bottom of each section.



or



use a curling shampoo and conditioner, and if you want ry using one of the methods above after



or



use a curling iron or get a perm! hehe :P
use Herbal essences, ';totally twisted'; shampoo and conditioner it might work I dunno I have natural wave in my hair and I used it and it de-frizzed my hair!
Use hot rollers
I use large velcro rollers. Section off your hair into about 2 inch sections. Roll under. I spray a little hair spray on mine just for a little added hold. I leave them in while I am doing my makeup and then take them out. It gives you some natural looking curl and looks great! Best of all, you haven't damaged your hair.



Good luck.
if it's really thick it probably isn't as straight as you think it is. get a razor cut to decrease thickness and it will start to wave. texturize with a razor.



hint: not all stylists know HOW to use a razor. find someone whose hair is like yours is (thickness) and whose style you like to tell you who does their hair.

this, however, doesn't always work. not all women want to give up the name of the stylist for fear she won't be able to get an appointment.
Just buy plastic rollers, and roll up your hair. Apply the rollers to the ends or roll your hair half way up.
You tie your hair in a pony tail and use hair spray and spray your hair untill the length of your hair. then the next morning you untie it. and you can see the curls!! =)