Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I get the top of my hair to curl?

I have very straight, just-below-the-shoulder length hair. Each time I try to curl it (either with curlers or a curling iron), only the bottom will get a slight wave. I have tried wrapping my hair around the curling iron beginning at the top, but it just doesn't work out. The only time it works is whenever I spend an hour at the salon.



Any suggestions?How do I get the top of my hair to curl?
I have the same problem most of the time...use a styling product or lotion. Use smaller sections when you curl, and i have switched to a tourmaline ceramic curling iron what gets super hot and I don't have to leave my hair on it long. Works really well. I also mist aerosol hairspray lightly on each section I am about to curl. Also, it's importatnt not to touch the curl after you unwrap it from the iron until it is completely cool. Long hair needs to ';set'; before you start styling or the curl will fall out. It could also be that you need a trim, hair gets heavy and may not hold curl as well. Good luck!How do I get the top of my hair to curl?
maybe try using a volumizing spray before you curl it
You don't say if your hair is all one length or not. If you have thick hair or not.The weight of your could be pulling out your curls. You may need to get your hair cut in some layers. Not real short layers, medium layers at least, this will help take some weight off and hold the curls better.
you can buy a g2b glue gel in a pharmacy store its really good its for anybodys hair ,you can just put the gel on top of your hair and scrunch it.
what do they use in the salon to keep it curled? maybe try that.
You should try using (hot) curlers at the roots, as a lift.