Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Can someone please give me specific instructions on how to curl hair with rollers?

I've tried curling my hair with a curling iron to create vertical curls but it would never work. But rollers seem to work a lot better making pretty curls ;) and I was wondering if anyone can take me step by step through the process in curling your hair with hot rollers I guess or just regular ones and what's necessary to keep the curls in and etc.

THANKS A BUNCH!Can someone please give me specific instructions on how to curl hair with rollers?
Well first of all it depends on your hair type. The best results come after you straighten you hair.



Go out and depending on your hair length,buy sponge curlers. If you have short hair,like a bob,or shorter thin curlers will do.the longer the hair the thicker the curler. Also you'll need more. Best results come from not putting to much hair in the curler.



1. Put any materials you need. I advice going to sallys,they sell this glimmer and shimmmer,it comes in spray and you can put it in your hair.(it's a gloss)



2.Part your hair into four sections,depending on where you part your hair,or where your bangs are.



3.tie three of the sections into the rubber bands,and work on one area at at time. Take a tiny portion of your hair,and start at the bottom and roll up. I wouldn't advice curling all the way to the root of your hair,because it creates to much of a curl,instead of a stylish look.



Remember don't put to much hair into each set of the curler. because it comes out balky and some may not curl.

After you're done,make sure you tie up your hair so it doesn't come undone and doesn't look good. You can sleep this way and it isn't uncomfortable.



Hope this helps!Can someone please give me specific instructions on how to curl hair with rollers?
here's how i do it..



Wash and brush your hair, put a little curling cream, or mousse in it, section it like you would pigtails...tie half back, in a pigtail. then split it so you have a top half, and a bottom half. clip the top half up, and in one inch or so sections, roll your hair by holding the bottom, until it stays on its own, roll till it wont go anymore, and although usually clips come with rollers, bobby pins can be used also. Stick a couple of bobby pins into and around the hair in the roller, continue and when the bottom of your hair is rolled, repeat with top half...repeat entire process on the next hald of your hair.....then blow dry, and use a little hair spray..



try different curls by making them go different ways, or make them all the same by rolling in the same direction....



for hot rollers, after washing dry your hair, and do the process above without blow drying, leave them in for about i think a half an hour, or until your hot rollers become cool



hope this was helpful
First I section off my hair. I start at the top. I apply a setting lotion and roll up my hair vertically. Then go down the back, do the same.

Then the sides I do exact same thing. I wear my hair in Spiral Curls every day, but I roll up my hair every night to keep the curls fresh looking and neat. I use the plastic, magnetic, snap on rollers with the smooth barrel. I use around 40-45 large rollers to achieve spiral curls for my entire head.