Thursday, November 11, 2010

How do I curl my hair with a curling iron?

I have, what my stylist says, super-straight hair. I love the look of curls on my friends, but I can't seem to do it myself! What kinds of shampoo work best for a girl with semi-thick shoulder length, brown hair to help get curls?



How can I keep my hair in the curls too? Please be specific with products and please note, I never have a lot of cash. :D The only time I seem to get somewhat presentable curls, they're blown out by the wind...

Please help!How do I curl my hair with a curling iron?
I, too, have super-straight hair that will not hold curl, and unfortunatley my daughter inherited it as well. When I have to curl her hair for a dance recital, I put gel in it while it is damp, roll her hair in sponge rollers or solar-rollers, and let her sleep in them. Then in the morning, we take them out ever so gentley (do NOT comb, just place strands with your fingers) and touch up with a tiny-barreled curling iron as needed. Then spray with hairspray and pray that no one smokes near you. (This usually looks best when curls are bunched up in a ponytail.)



Good luck!How do I curl my hair with a curling iron?
totally twisted herbal essence
Start by placing the iron in the mid-length of your hair. Twist the iron around your sectioned hair. I would not recommend any specific shampoos and conditioners because they do not do the job. The only thing that works is iron and that is it-
Try getting what's called a ';body perm'; done on either purple or peach rods. That will help you to hold the curls in your hair a lot better.
Get a permanent. I have the same problem with my hair, another way I have used is after you curl the hair, immediately spray on hair spray.
READ THE DIRECTIONS!!!