Thursday, November 11, 2010

How do I curl my hair with a curling iron?

I need help curling my hair using a curling iron. My hair is chin length with some layers and I have a big curling iron. The barrel is gold is that matters. I also have a really tiny pinky sized one. My problem is I never have been able to use one on myself. Anytime I try to curl my hair with one it just leaves a big nasty, noticable crease in my hair instead of curling it. I've tried duing it millions of times and all I get it a crease! I sometimes use a hot brush or a flat iron to curl but, those just don't do as good of a job as when someone curls it with a regular curling iron. Hot rollers work too but, I want to know how to use a curling iron properly. What am I doing wrong here??? HELP!How do I curl my hair with a curling iron?
What sizes are the curling iron? I'm guessing the small one is 1/2 inch and the big one is 1 1/2 inch? for your legnth of hair, you'll need a 3/4 inch or 1 inch, because the 1/2 inch will give you a poofball for hair, while the 1 1/2 inch will give you a bump instead of a curl.



There are many techniques to curl your hair, but heres how i do it:



apply 2-3 palmfuls of mousse to your hair, then blowdry your hair, then grab 1 inch sections of hair and run the curling iron halfway down the section of hair, roll up to the roots, push lightly on the clamp and run the iron down so that the ends are covered by the clamp, then roll up again. This will give you a more bouncy, even curl.



If you just want to curl the bottom, the run the iron all the way down to the ends of your hair,roll up, hold until the outer layer of hair is warm, let go and repeat.



good luck!How do I curl my hair with a curling iron?
Run your all your hair with the curling iron. not just the ends. start from the top and go down like a flat iron. do it about three times. on the third time when you get to the end bend in the way of the iron most likely the outside and twist the iron so you can curl. if you dont want to curl and just flip. do the same thing. run the iron through your hair and just twist a little at the end and thats it.you got it.