Thursday, November 11, 2010

How do you curl your hair with a straightening iron?

i always straighten my hair and want to try somthing different like curling it, but i dont have a curling iron. i heard you can curl wit a straightener but i dont kno how. i just leave a big dent. any tips?How do you curl your hair with a straightening iron?
I personally think it looks super pretty when you curl with a straightening iron. :) Here's how to do it.



Take a 1 inch piece of hair in your hand and clamp the straightener down on it about 5 inches away from the root.

Roll the straightener up the hair until you've rotated it so that the piece of hair that is hanging out is hanging down again.

Slowly, pull the straightener down the straightener down to the end of the strand. Make sure to angle it pointing downwards slightly!

When you get to the bottom, pull it all the way down and release the straightener. Let the curl go, and spray with hairspray to ensure it holds. :)



Confused? I'd be! :P I watched this youtube video to learn how to do it. I highly recommend it!

Good luck!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3k1syt2How do you curl your hair with a straightening iron?
i have a flat-iron with curling iron barrels on the sides so i can choose to do either.

it's much easier to get one and do it that way so you don't end up with kinks in your hair.



however, to help you out, i think the most you'd be able to do is just flip the ends out. that's all i could do with my old flat-iron.
a curling iron is a lot easier but here is a vid with a tutorial on how to curl your hair



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTfCbTotj



-curling only a few strands makes it easier to curl
Honestly, i learned from watching a few YouTube vids. is pretty simple...just search for curling your hair with a flat iron. Its is really hard to explain via typing...so my suggestion is to get on youtube and watch a vid or 2.



Oh by the way..in my pic, my hair is curled with my Chi...and the curls you get from a flat iron are different then curling iron curls...and in my opinion much better. Flat iron curls stay in my hair all day where as curling iron curls tend to fall really fast.
as for curling it think twice about a curling iron, I'd use a flat iron just because its better for you hair, its quicker and easier.Try this tutorial out so you can see what I''m talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_xc3fsr

Its for curling ur hair with the flat iron.