Sunday, November 14, 2010

How to curl naturally curly hair with a curling iron?

i am doing my friend's hair on sunday before a photo shoot we are both in. she has naturally tight curls from roots to ends. i (having curly hair myself, mine just starts lower than my roots on my head and is looser) curl my hair all the time with an iron (wrap method) which she wants for the shoot so her hair looks pretty loose and elegant. now here is my predicament.. i curl my naturally curly hair just pulling my natural curl tighter around the barrel so it is flat %26amp; holding the piece longer so the curl goes away and leaves a pretty clean curl. would this work for her hair? or do i have to straighten it before even though straightened hair doesn't curl as well? could i just straighten her roots and curl the rest so the roots aren't curly?



we both know that curling/straightening naturally curly hair isn't that great for it- thanks but we style our hair everyday anyway with straighteners and or curling irons anyway (don't worry we use heat protectant)How to curl naturally curly hair with a curling iron?
I would definitely straighten it completely and then curl.