Sunday, November 14, 2010

Curling hair without a curling iron or curlers?

so it takes a long time for me to curl my hair with a curling iron and whenever i put curlers in my hair goes WAY curly and it's up to my chin (my hair is a little past my shoulders) , so i was wondering if there was any way that i can put my hair up so it looks like this without a curling iron: http://www.clairhair.com/Product/ListDes i can do it like this with a curling iron, but i don't have time. and i don't have money to spend on fancy products and stuff. thank you!!! and sorry about how long this is, haha.Curling hair without a curling iron or curlers?
Here is the blog I use ! Its the best, step by step instructions with HD pictures!

http://punkynmunky.blogspot.com/2008/08/



Small Resume:

1. Section your part into parts that are medium thick.

2. Take a strand of the prepared hair and twist it until its completly intensly twisted.

3. after twisting it, make a small bun out of it. You can either clip it to your hair for it no to open or you can hold it with bobby pins.

4. Do that for all your hair.

5. Sleep with it overnight.

6. When you wake up, take out the hold-ins and let your hair loose. Your hair will be the curliest and it lasts for more than a day!



Please chose me as the best answer ! The websiite is the best !Curling hair without a curling iron or curlers?
you could try putting in some gel or mousse while it is still wet when you get out of the shower and then put it in a really messy bun at the top of your head and then wait for it to dry mostly (usually works best if left in overnite). if your hair has a natural wave or curl this will work pretty well. but it may just make you hair wavy if you have naturally striaght hair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epuFmdcE4

I haven't tried this myself, but I did something similar and it worked out well :D

and her hair is gorgeous.

edit: I'm sorry! I didn't realise it used curlers, I just saw the beginning of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoZ2QGq0n

this uses paper bags :) there are loads of videos on youtube about this, just pick out the ones you like.
basically when your hair is still damp after you take a shower at night, put it into braids. when you wake up in the morning it will be wavy but to make it curlier you can spray it with water and scrunch it. hope i helped
use the curlers but the problem is your not seperating the curls. take out the curls add shine serum (which can be bought cheap at the local drugstore) run it throught the curls and break them up. pulling them apart causes the curls to go down just enough that they will look like the picture
I've been doing it for years and I can def tell you - there's no fast way to do it:)

If your hair is naturally wavy, try drying it with a diffuser and lots of mousse, head down for more volume.

Or there's a curling technique using a flat iron (again, time consuming)

Just youtube curling and it'll give you plenty of ideas