Sunday, November 14, 2010

Curling your hair with a curling iron?

so my hair is kind of wavy/curly... i can straighten it and i can scrunch it and when i do that it gets really curly. but i want soft pretty curls with a curling iron. the problem is my hair is extremely thick and even when i blow dry it the way they say to at the salon its still poofy. i cant curl it like that. its like id have to straighten it to make it nice enough to make the curls pretty. and i dont have any clue how to use a curling iron i never have and im 17. i just want to try something different. any tips/ideas? thanks!Curling your hair with a curling iron?
Okay so basically you just described my hair! hah But anyways I go to a lot of church events so I am always looking for the ';right'; curls. Not the tiny scrunch curls I can get naturally and not the frizzy poof curls either. The best thing (if you give yourself time) is to left your hair dry naturally after brushing it, then use a large (Not extra large) barrel curling iron to curl it (IN SECTIONS!)

If you don't have time for this, I would recomment hot rollers (not foam or snake) in a variety size kit. This will give you that ';fun'; curl that is soft and natural without the frizz.

HOpe this helps

OH make sure you use a good product or it could fall or be too stiff. I like got2be curl activator. Try anything like that. You should be set!Curling your hair with a curling iron?
hot rollers work really well for bigger looser smoother curls
HI,



i would recommend you try the T3 Curling Irons as advertised on www.t3straighteners.co.uk, i have a pair and i just love them, the curls stay in place which is great.



Take a look for your self
My hair is the same way! If I want to go for soft, loose curls I always use a really big curling iron so it can handle the bigger pieces of hair. The way I do it is, I put my hair in clips(while it's dry), and take each section (about 2'; wide each), roll it from the bottom straight back, then release and pull down. The resulting wave is really smooth, and the curls are even. Sometimes I will use a silicone serum before I use the curling iron, but if I do that I have to wash the iron afterwards or it gets gunky.



Good luck and do lots of experimenting ;-)
I'd recommend rollers.....curling iron is okay, but curlers really get the curls. Put some rollers, and go on under the dryer for like a hour....of course do this when u wash ur hair.....when u come out, u've have lovely curls
go to a store and get wash and curl shampoo...it opens the cuticle slightly to enable you to be able to curl the hair easier...just don't use it all the time its kind of damaging to the hair...then you should be able to curl your hair without straightening it...try just curling the ends of your hair and allowing the rest of the hair to be wavy...a gloss put in the hair just a bit will make the curls stick ..hope this helps