Sunday, November 14, 2010

How can i curl my hair with a curling iron without having loose strands coming out and bending the ends...?

of my hair?



I want to be able to curl my hair easily, but it never seems to work out for me. I have really thick kind of poofy/wavy hair thats pretty long. Every time I use a curling iron it leaves a bend in the ends of my hair and I always have random peices of hair falling out and it looks really bad. I want my hair to look like this:



http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2007/galleries/070507_underwood_400X400.jpg



http://www.celebritybeautybuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/miley-cyrus-hairstyle.jpg



http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2007/galleries/081007_beyonce_400X400.jpg



All three pictures show bigger looser curls, thats what I'm aiming for. So if you can help me that would be great!How can i curl my hair with a curling iron without having loose strands coming out and bending the ends...?
Your not bringing the curling iron down far enough. The ends need to be under the clamp when you start to roll the iron.



Also ever thought of hot rollers?How can i curl my hair with a curling iron without having loose strands coming out and bending the ends...?
you'l have to use hair straightners, they're actualy easier to use than curling tongs :)
try with a smaller straighter...yep

gt your hair damp..

blow dry...not all the way but mostly

then twist the straightner up and around hair (like a curlin iron)

try it
first they are not using a curling iron!!!

they use rollers because its much safer for your hair. but if you must use a curling iron, then you get that result in how you release the curl, gently pulling down while unwinding to make a ';lock'; of hair. but if thats how you want to wear your hair everyday, then learn how to use rollers. im lucky, my hair does that on its own, so i just get the right cut and im fine.



NOTE: i never use a blowdryer or a curling iron on my hair. its a RULE if you want your hair to look really really good.
I have the same kind of hair, and the same problem! I have this magazine that told me this really long process, but it really does give you the perfect curls! After you get out of the shower, dry your hair some, so that it is just barely damp. Break it into four sections, then break that into eight sections. Curl all eight pieces, and bobby pin them to your head as you do each one. After all your hair is curled and pinned to your head, mist your hair with hairspray and let it dry. Then pull out all the bobby pins and loosely comb your fingers through your hair. It takes a really long time, but it does actually make the perfect curls! The only other thing for hair like ours is unfortunately, get a perm. After the first two days it will relax some, and get a similar look to the pictures, and if you want straight hair, then straighten it! GOOD LUCK!